Storage Slots for Your Car, Boat, & RV
It’s no secret that people in Las Vegas, NV love their boats and cars. Summerlin Self Storage has plenty of room for your luxury car, boat, truck, trailer, or RV. Call our manager today to discuss how to store your vehicle at our storage facility. We offer a variety of uncovered and covered parking spaces for your additional vehicles.
Covered & Uncovered Storage
Whether you just need a place to park it outside for a couple of weeks or are looking for a second space to store your extra truck, our safe and secure facility may be exactly what you need.
Tips For Outdoor Car Storage:
- One of the best steps you can take to protect your vehicle from the accumulation of mold, rust, and mildew is to clean the inside and outside of your car thoroughly.
- Vacuum the inside of your car thoroughly, paying attention to areas under the seats.
- Use an interior car polish to condition the dash, steering wheel and any other plastic or leather components inside the car.
- Remove all car mats and seat covers to prevent moisture from accumulating under these surfaces.
- Thoroughly wash, dry and wax the outside of your vehicle – a thick coat of quality wax is especially important to protect your car’s finish from outdoor decay, mainly rust.
- Fill the gas tank to full to prevent rust from accumulating on the inside of the tank and to prevent oxidation in the fuel system, and add a quality fuel stabilizer just before you store the car to extend the life of the fuel.
- Change all of your auto’s liquids – including oil, coolant and brake fluids.
- Remove the vehicle’s battery to protect the life of the battery.
- Check your vehicle’s manual for recommendations on what type of gear to leave the car in while it is stored.
- Use an all-weather car cover with secure attachments to protect your car in all types of weather, and make sure windows and doors are completely closed before you put the cover on.
- Cover the exhaust pipes with a plastic cap, or stuff steel wool into the pipes, to stop rodents from nesting inside the vehicle while it is in an outdoor auto storage.